Kayla was announced as the winner of the Performing Arts category: A fantastic performance (this includes film, theatre, dance, music) that raises awareness of mental health and/or learning disabilities whilst challenging stigma and discrimination.
Community Ventures' Chief Executive, Nigel Fenny presented the Performing Arts award to Kayla Kavanagh:
“I first bought Kayla’s CD last year when I was diagnosed with BPD, it was as if I had written the lyrics myself. I’ve seen her perform live and she is amazing, playing a whole range of different instruments and using music as part of her recovery. She is the only person out there fighting the stigma of BPD and does it amazingly through music”
Taking home a beautiful trophy, Kayla was delighted to have been recognised for the work she has been doing in music and mental health, and thanked all who nominated and supported her this year.


Thanks for sharing your story. I have just started a blog about loving one who is an alcoholic with personality disorder. Blogs like yours help sustain me. I’d love any feedback or comments you might have on my story: dearjohnnarron.wordpress.com
ReplyDelete